TextChat Overview - New Portal
This article will go over all the basic information of TextChat on the new portal
What is TextChat?
- The TextChat Widget allows website visitors to chat in from a desktop (or mobile phone) and then transfers the chat to their cell phone. After chatting in, they can stay and browse or leave their computer — the conversation still goes on even after the customer leaves your site!
TextChat Portal: Click on the Messenger module in the CityGro portal to get to your conversations
: This is where your conversations will be stored. Click on the little arrow pointing down and you'll be able to see all the ways conversations can be organized. It will be organized in the following way:
- Inbox - The messages that haven't been assigned to any rep. You can assign reps specific conversations so that they go to their inbox
- Tags - You can tag messages to better organize them into specific categories (Ex: Returns, Hours of Operations, etc)
- All - Every message that your account has received
- Snoozed - Messages that have been snoozed for a later time. Once that time is up, it will appear as a new message
- Unread - A message that hasn't been opened yet
- Read - A message that has been read
- Completed - Conversations that have been attended to
Conversation Options: When you hover your cursor over a conversation, the following options might load (depends on the status of the conversation)
- (Mark as Complete): Moves the message from Inbox to All and signifies that you are done with that conversation.
- (Archive): Another way to move a conversation from Inbox to All.
- (Snooze): You can have the conversation be moved to All then come back to the Inbox after a specific amount of time
- (Mark as Unread/Read): Another tool to help organize your messages. This will change the color of the conversation
- (Tag): You can tag messages to categorize the subject of the message. You can view the messages group in these categories.
- (Assign to Rep): You can assign a conversation to a specific rep. This allows you to better keep track of which reps helped which customers. The assignment will go away once that conversation is done.
: You can set up your account to create auto-replies so that when your customers text in with specific text or during a certain time, a specific message would respond.
(Click Here for tutorial)
- For example, you can set up an after-hour auto-reply so that it will respond to customers if they text in when the store is closed.
: You can save common replies so you can send them at a click of a button. This can help save a ton of time so you don't spend time typing the same message again and again. This will be found in the templates section, under account settings.
(Click Here for tutorial)
Make sure to give a thumbs up or down if this tutorial helped!