How do I send a one-time "Blast"?
- Go to the Blasts Section of the CityGro Portal.
- Select the "+ New Blast" button.
- Give the message a name.
Step 1: SmartOffer
Will your message include a SmartOffer?
- You will include a SmartOffer in your message if you want a coupon to show up on your kiosk.
- Make your selection:
1. Select the SmartOffer from the list that matches your special
*NOTE: One important thing to note, if you want your SmartOffer to show up correctly on your kiosk you must select an offer with a "(G)" next to it. If you select an offer without a "(G)" next to it your offer will most likely not show up on your kiosk correctly.
Example: "BUY 1 Get 1 50% OFF! (G)" or “Fill a S/M/L cup for just $4/$6/$8 (G)”
- Add your expiration duration:
*One day is considered 24 hours. If your message should only be valid on Friday and Saturday you will select “1 Day” and keep the box checked for “Extend expiration until 11:59 PM on the day it expires”
Step 2: Message Content
- Select SMS
- Either select a template on the left and click “Use Selected Template” or you can click “Use Blank Template” at the bottom right to start from scratch.
Here are some hints and tips for sending a good message blast:
- You only get 160 characters, so use them wisely!
- Don't be afraid to abbr. (Proper grammar can be excused when you only have 160 characters).
- The name of your business must show up somewhere in the text.
- By default it will show up at the beginning.
- If you type it somewhere else, then it will disappear from the beginning like magic!
- Make sure you have a clear offer or incentive to come to your location
- Create a sense of urgency to your message as well as add a clear expiration date
- Use the "Insert" button to add SmartText or a SmartLink.
- SmartLink- Allows you to replace a URL with a short, measurable CityGro link. Use this to see how many clicks you've gotten, or even track any users that click the link.
- Make sure you “Send Test Message” to your cell phone on the bottom right
Step 3: Schedule
Decide when you want to send this Blast.
- Right now — The message will be placed in the queue as soon as you click "send"
- Scheduled time — Allows you to specify a certain date and time to send the message
* If you select a time outside of normal delivery hours (8:00 AM to 9:00 PM in the sender's time zone), you will see an alert message. This is just to confirm that this is what you want to do. As a general rule, consumers don't react well to being disturbed outside of this window.
Step 4: Select Recipients
All opted-in contacts:
Choose this option for your text to be sent to all "opted-in" contacts. For example you may have 1000 contacts, but only 900 perhaps have given you permission to send them marketing messages. We consider those "opted-in" contacts. This message, will go out to the 900 opted-in recipients.
Add rules to limit recipients:
This option will allow you to narrow the recipients of this message, sending only to contacts that match the rules you define. Common rules include the following:
- Last Check-In Time
- # of Check-ins
- # of Loyalty Points
- Created Date
Step 5: Confirmation
This is the last step before a message can be scheduled for delivery. Here are a few steps to consider on this page.
- Preview- Scan through to make sure you approve of the content.
- Recipients- Double check that it is scheduled to go to the right people.
- Schedule- Do you have it set up to go out at the correct time?
- Send/Schedule- Once everything has been approved, click the Send/Schedule button on the bottom right hand corner. Follow any instructions provided to confirm that your message is ready to send.