What is the CityGro Desktop App?
The CityGro desktop app can be downloaded to your Windows desktop computer. Once you download the desktop app you will get notifications directly to your computer telling you what customer is checking in on your kiosk. The desktop app can be used for a number of different things:
- It can be used by your employees to redeem coupons from your desktop computer
- You can easily edit/adjust customer information
- You can edit customers loyalty points
- You can view signed waivers to ensure the customer's information is filled out correctly
How do I download the desktop app?
1. Go to the URL: http://c-g.co/desktop
2. Double-click the downloaded file to open it
Desktop setup once installed:
1. Open the CityGro Desktop App.
2. Login with the same login credentials that you would use to access your CityGro account.
3. Select which account you would like to connect this device with.
4. "Authorize" access and notifications for your desktop.
5. Check in on the kiosk to see the notification on your desktop.
1. Go to your desktop app settings by clicking on your business name on the bottom left corner.
2. Adjust the Event Notifications to have the “Started Checking In” green or enabled. This is the main notification you will have enabled. You can review other notifications below:
- If you would like a notification that a customer signed a waiver then enable “Finished a Waiver”.
- If you would like a notification that a customer redeemed an offer then enable “Offer Was Redeemed”.
- If you would like a notification that a customer wrote in on TextChat then enable "TextChat Notifications"
3. Change the Notification Timeout (the time the pop-up persists on the page without being clicked on) to “180” seconds. You can adjust this for as long as needed.
For Multiple Devices - Instructions on Connecting One iPad To One Desktop Computer:
This is an optional step, but is great if you have multiple iPads and multiple desktops. This filters check-ins so that the notifications on your desktop only show up from the device you select.
- On the desktop app under Account Settings, go to the section under Filter Event Notifications By Contact under "Match ALL of these rules". Where it says “Create a New Rule” click the drop-down menu and select “Device Name.”
*If you do not have this data field reach out to CityGro Support
- The second drop-down will stay at “Equals.”
- In the third box, enter the name of the device for the tablet that you want to get the notifications from. Each of your iPads must have unique names. You can view/change them by going to the Settings menu on your iPad, select “General” and then “About.” There you will see the iPad name. The name must be exactly the same on the iPad and desktop app. This includes CAPITALIZATION, CHARACTERS, SPACES, ETC!
* Tip: Make the name of your iPad short like “Till A” or even “A”.
If you are having trouble getting notifications to work correctly, try closing the kiosk app on your iPad by double-clicking the home button and swiping up on the open kiosk page and then relaunch it. You can also try relaunching your desktop app.
Note: For troubleshooting tips please see our article called "Desktop App Troubleshooting".