There are times where the desktop app seems to stop working or has a very delayed notification pop-up. Below are some things you can explore to get your app working properly.
Steps to take if my desktop app has stopped working:
- Make sure your CityGro desktop app is actually running. Since the app works in the background it can be difficult to notice if the app gets closed out of for whatever reason. On a PC, you can check if the desktop app is running by clicking on the background app tray (triangle next to the clock towards the bottom left of the screen). If you do not see the CityGro desktop app icon, you just need to open the app again.
- Check for updates on your iPad kiosk app - Open the App Store on your iPad and search for "CityGro". You will then see an app called "Kiosk for iPad". Make sure that the app does not need to be updated. If the app just says "Open" then you are up to date.
- Close the desktop app completely. Click the background app tray and then right-click on the CityGro app icon. Select the option to “Quit” the app. Once you have closed it, try reopening the app and seeing if it works properly.
- Check your tablet for Wi-Fi connectivity. If your tablet is offline then no notifications will appear.
- Check internet speed on both the tablet and the computer. Open a browser and type in “speed test” into a search engine. Select an option that allows you to run a speed test on your internet. We must have a minimum of 2 MB download and upload speeds for our system to work.
- If nothing seems to work, you can delete the app and then reinstall it on your computer.
Steps if your notifications are delayed:
- If you are having delayed notifications from a specific tablet, close both the desktop app and the kiosk app completely. Once they are both completely closed out, you can reopen them and see if notifications start appearing promptly.
* How to close the desktop app completely: Click the background app tray and then right-click on the CityGro app icon. Select the option to “Quit” the app.
* How to close the CityGro iPad App: Double click the home button on the front of your iPad. All of your open pages will shrink down. Swipe up on your open CityGro app and it will disappear.
Steps if your notifications have stopped appearing from a specific tablet:
- If notifications are not appearing on your desktop from a specific iPad (that are supposed to be tied to each other) then you need to check your iPad name settings. On the desktop app, you will see a settings icon (looks like a gear) near the bottom left of the screen. Under the rules section, make sure that the name of the device you entered matches the name of the iPad in the settings.