Note: This article is a very basic, quick guide to creating a SmartOffer. It's written to help you breeze through the steps of building your most common promos, and skips over some of the more robust, powerful SmartOffer features. We recommend you also check out our Create a SmartOffer (Advanced) guide to help maximize your use of a very effective tool.
So you want to create a SmartOffer — good for you! You'll soon be on your way toward successful, data-driven campaigns and happy customers.
Here's how you'll get a basic SmartOffer up and running.
- From the SmartOffer section, you'll notice an orange button in the top right corner, labeled "+New SmartOffer." Click this to get started.
- At the very top of the offer section in the grey bar area, you will see a place where you can give your offer a name for internal use. It defaults to “New SmartOffer [DATE]”.
- NOTE: At this point, you're probably trying to set up a one-time promotional offer, rather than a recurring, perhaps points-based loyalty offer. Provided that's the case, click "Promotional" from the two SmartOffer types.
- Promotional Offer Section
- The SmartOffer title are in the white area is the public name that your customers will see on the offer.
- The second area is for the fine print of the SmartOffer. This is where you should put any rules or restrictions that you want to include. “Some restrictions apply” and “Cannot be combined with any other offer” are some typical fine print elements.
- If you see the Limits section, leave it blank — you'll specify the limits for the offer when creating the Blast. You may not see this section if you are creating the SmartOffer from the Blasts editor.
- Redemption Options – Keep the default settings in this section.
- Design – On the next page (page 2) of the setting you can customize the look of the offer. You can upload header and background images if you have them.
- Leave the default setting on page 3 and 4 of the SmartOffer Editor. Once you click “save and enable” you are all done.