Checking if a Contact Opted In
This tutorial will show you how to check if a contact is opted in to receive SMS or Emails.
- Go to the Contacts module
- Find the Contact you'd like to check by using the search bar (Click Here for tutorial)
- Click the person icon to the left of the Contact
- Under Profile Info, you will see a field for SMS On.
- There are 3 options that could be selected:
- SMS On is Unselected: The Contact hasn't gotten the chance to opt-in or out of messages
- SMS On is Bounced: The Contact's phone carrier blocked the message
- There are many different reasons why it would be bounced; invalid number, ran out of credits, can't receive text messages, etc
- SMS On is No - The Contact has chosen to not receive text messages
- SMS On is Yes: The Contact has opted into messages
*If your customer is not receiving your messages even though "SMS On" is "Yes" make sure you check to see if the field "SMS Bounce" is not "Yes". If "SMS Bounce" IS "Yes" that means we tried to send them a message but their cell phone carrier sent us a message back saying they couldn't deliver the message. Our system marks this as "Bounced" so you don't use your messages to continue to try to send to them messages. If you want to try to send a message to their number again you can change "SMS Bounce" to "Unselected" which means our system will try to send them a message the next time you send a message blast.
- To edit their opt-in status, you will click the Edit button at the top and change their status using the dropdown. Once you have that adjusted, click Save
- The same goes for Email On
You did it, Congratulations!
Make sure to give a thumbs up or down if this tutorial helped!