To make sure a contact is opted into messages follow the steps below:
- Go to the Contacts section of the CityGro Portal
- Find your customer using the search bar at the top of the page
- Click the icon on the left to go to their profile
- Under "Profile Info" you will see a field for "SMS On".
There are 3 options that could be selected:
- SMS On is Unselected - This means your customer hasn't gotten the chance to opt-in or out of messages
- SMS On is Yes - This means your customer has opted into messages
*If your customer is not receiving your messages even though "SMS On" is "Yes" make sure you check to see if the field "SMS Bounce" is not "Yes". If "SMS Bounce" IS "Yes" that means we tried to send them a message but their cell phone carrier sent us a message back saying they couldn't deliver the message. Our system marks this as "Bounced" so you don't use your messages to continue to try to send to them messages. If you want to try to send a message to their number again you can change "SMS Bounce" to "Unselected" which means our system will try to send them a message the next time you send a message blast.
- SMS On is No - This means your customer has chosen not to receive text messages
- If you are wanting to edit their opt-in status you will click the "edit" button at the top and change their status using the dropdown. Once you have that adjusted you will his "Save"