What is an "SMS Keyword"?
An SMS Keyword allows you to easily build your SMS subscribers list. This is done by advertising an SMS phone number and directing your customers to text the "Keyword" to the phone number. Anyone who does so will be added as a contact and subscribed to SMS messages.
When should I use a "SMS Keyword"?
The following are examples of when you would use a "Keyword"
- When you want to build an SMS List.
- This works very well at large events where people have access to their phones.
How do I set up a "SMS Keyword"?
- Go to the Keywords Section of the CityGro Portal.
- Select the "Add a Keyword" button.
Setup is Easy!:
- Decide on a Keyword.
- Keywords cannot have special characters or spaces.
- An example of a good keyword would be "Drinks123".
- Decide what the Phone Number the Keyword will exist on.
- The default phone number is the CityGro General.
- The phone number for the CityGro General is 85775
- Other Phone Numbers are available by request and may require further help. Please reach out to the Technical Support Team for more information.
- Add a text message response.
- A response is limited to 160 characters.
- A typical response might say something like "Thanks for joining our text club! Show this text for a FREE Drink! Reply "Stop" to opt out"